Monday, January 2, 2006

2005 WRAP UP

I want to write a similar post as I did end of 2004 and send out a thank-you note to my readers for visiting my blog during 2005. I want to thank my fellow bloggers, traders, supporters, sponsors and blog partners for a great year! I also want to thank the individuals who have purchased products from the EGO store and my wish list at Amazon.


Thanks to guest blogger Gus Van Horn for the gift! DHL delivered it today.

Here are some personal highlights during 2005:

  • January: I started out the year by mentioning my New Year's resolutions in the field of my career, hobbies, and relationships. At the moment, I am concentrating on my start-up business, but I am still interested in international job opportunities. I have plenty of hobbies that are keeping me busy in my spare time. When it comes down to a romantic relationship, I am continuing to searching for the right one... I am positive that I will meet a potential candidate for a future romantic partner during my next trip to America.

  • February: My post, BOOKS IN THE MAIL, is a good representation of my keen interest in literature. I am looking forward to set up the library section of the Blue Chip Café. Most of my personal library is still stored at a friend's place in Ohio.

  • March: My post, MARTIN: THE SOLO PROTEST WARRIOR, is an example on how I have been fighting against the rampant anti-Americanisn in Sweden. March 19 marked the second anniversary of the United States-led war in Iraq.

  • April: My blogging has led to me to many interesting things. Here is one example.

  • May: This year I combined the celebration of my 37th birthday with my 3rd blogiversary.

  • June: I think this column by Steve Forbes was a great defense of open immigration and future residents of America. As many of you know, I studied and worked in America between 1997 - 2002, and my long-range goal is to return to the land of opportunity - America.

  • July: By reading the above paragraph, you could probably figure out that I celebrated INDEPENDENCE DAY in a grand fashion.

  • August: I spent two relaxing weeks in Hungary. Here is a post packed with preparations for the trip, a call for guest bloggers, and thoughts on my InstaLanche.



  • October: It is great how you could get in touch with new individuals by blogging. I had an American individualist with a great personality, visiting me in Gothenburg.

  • November: I got indirectly slammed by a leftist moonbat for joining Pajamas Media. Morris the cat and Gus Van Horn came to rescue...

  • December: The end of the year has been hectic with the preparations of starting a new business venture.

So, what are my plans for 2006? Here are some ideas:

  • For this week, to come up with the Book of the Month. You are welcome to give me book recommendations.



For you fellow bloggers out there, go to Blog Business World and read Wayne Hurlbert's post, Blog Year Resolutions 2006.

I will end this post with an excerpt from 's, article, Lord of the blogs. [Via American Digest.]

There's something frankly creepy about the explosion we now call the Blogosphere -- the big-bang "electroniverse" where recently wired squatters set up new camps each day. As I write, the number of "blogs" (Web logs) and "bloggers" (those who blog) is estimated at between 50 million and 60 million worldwide.

Although I've been a blog fan since the beginning, and have written favorably about the value added to journalism and public knowledge thanks to the new "citizen journalist," I'm also wary of power untempered by restraint and accountability. (OrlandoSentinel.com, 12/28/05.)

No comments:

Post a Comment