Tuesday, January 8, 2008

PURSUIT OF HAPPYNESS

Have you seen The Pursuit of Happyness? [Hat tip to J.E.] I enjoyed it very much and it gave me great fuel for my soul. The American dream, pictured in a true sense and with a happy ending. Here is an excerpt from Scott Holleran's review.

The Pursuit of Happyness, based on events in Chris Gardner's life, casts Smith as a man attempting a remarkable realignment of his values, his goals and his life.

In a time before cellular phones and voice mail, struggling father and aspiring businessman Gardner (with Smith's son, Christopher, as his kid) aims to think his way out of poverty, adopting the optimism inspired by a Founding Father's noble phrase from the Declaration of Independence. "How did Thomas Jefferson know to put pursuit in?" the destitute Gardner wonders, embracing the idea that happiness is earned. (Box Office Mojo, 03/16/07.)




Recommending reading: My post, RED OR BLUE STATE OF MIND [Editor's comment: I have to visit San Francisco]. Here is an excerpt from my post, RESTORE THE WORLD TRADE CENTER:

I have stored a framed poster of Bryan Larsen's painting, A New Height, at a friend's place in Ohio. I look forward to the day when I once again could place the poster on a wall in my future home, somewhere in the Land of Opportunity - America... (EGO, July 17, 2004.)

No comments:

Post a Comment