Wednesday, October 21, 2009

GOODTHING IN LIFE CARNIVAL AND CHAT

Decorative :en:chili peppers for sale at :en:S...Image via Wikipedia

After I read Gus Van Horn's post, Cooking as a Hobby, I have decided to "kick it up a notch" and start something called #GoodThing in Life Carnival & Chat.

I enjoy reading your "good eats" (to use Alton Brown's wording) posts. I haven't been able to find an ongoing carnival of recipes lately and I wanted to participate now and then in this kind of blogging. Maybe it is time to start a Good Life (#GoodThing on Twitter) blog series with recipes? For inspiration, read my post, Food Trip.

From FOOD TRIP:

I will start to write more posts on the culinary industry, gastronomy and other food related topics. My long-range goal is to write an e-book on the Good Life, e.g., tea, wine, chocolate and chile pepper. I am on the quest to find special "hot & spicy" places all around America. (EGO, July 25, 2009.)

The food recipes carnival will be mixed up with other good things in life as described in my post, NOTE FROM EGO EDITOR:

At the end of the week, I will use the odd phrase "Thank God It’s Friday" with posts on the good life, e.g. wine and other beverages, recipes, and "glorious lunch break" (quote by Mary Ann Sures) moments. (EGO, August 27, 2008.)

I am planning to kick-off the carnival during the Thanksgiving weekend. Please send your entries to me by email [Lyceum AT Gmail DOT com] before Sunday, November 22. It would be great to have some kind of chat in conjunction with the carnival. I am thinking of using Twubs or Tinychat. Please come with suggestions on how we could have a live session on this topic. If you are interested in hosting a carnival in the future, please send me an email or write a comment.

Here are some food for thought material and tasty links for your reading / viewing pleasure:


Related: My post, CASH IN ON SOUR GRAPES.



My posts, CARNIVAL OF THE DANISH RECIPES and CARNIVAL OF THE RECIPES.

Cheers!







Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

  1. I love whole-berry cranberry sauce but most recipes have too much sugar, and not enough flavor for me.

    After some experimentation, I have come up with my own version of the Ocean Spray cranberry sauce recipe:

    INGREDIENTS:

    1/2 cup sugar
    1 cup orange juice
    1 teaspoon cinnamon
    1 12-ounce package fresh Cranberries, rinsed and drained

    DIRECTIONS:

    Combine orange juice, sugar and cinnamon in a medium saucepan. Bring to boil; add cranberries, return to boil. Reduce heat and boil gently for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cover and cool completely at room temperature. Refrigerate until serving time.

    Makes 2 1/4 cups.

    Please note that the original Ocean Spray recipe calls for 1 cup of sugar, 1 cup of water, and cranberries. I have reduced the sugar, substituted orange juice, and added a little cinnamon. It makes all the difference.

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete