Friday, January 9, 2004

THE LAND OF OPPORTUNITY

My long-range goal is to return to the freest country in the world. I am glad that Bush is giving the opportunity for more individuals to come to America and work, but I think it should be open for anybody to live in the United States of America as long as you don't infringe on the rights of other individuals, or you are a potential threat to the safety of the country. I understand that Bush's gesture is a way of going after the "Hispanic-vote," but I think it is good that the issue of immigration is coming up for discussion. I hope it will be a constructive debate and that it will end up with a good solution, i.e. deregulation and a freer job market. You don't have handouts and minimum wage in my kind of world.

Related: My post, THE STATUE OF LIBERTY.

No comments:

Post a Comment