Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Freedom of the Press and Time for George Washington Day



Don’t you think it is time to celebrate George Washington Day on February 22? Read Allan C. Miller’s piece, A Presidents Day perspective on the nature of a free press. I have had the following quote from George Washington (March 15, 1783) on my Facebook page:
“the freedom of Speech may be taken away—and, dumb & silent we may be led, like sheep, to the Slaughter.”
“George Washington's support for a free press and the First Amendment ironically helped to make the National Gazette possible.”
In this episode I will tell a little about my future plans, as I soon will reach the milestone of 100+ published episodes of this podcast, since I started podcasting in 2006.
Show notes with links to articles, blog posts, products and services:

Download EGO NetCast’s standalone app on Amazon appstore for AndroidApple App Store, and Google Play. The podcast app is free of charge. It is easy to send feedback straight from within the app. The users of the app will receive extra bonus material (e.g., video clips and PDFs).
Rate and review EGO NetCast podcast on Podchaser. Your support will give me fuel for my blogging and podcasting! Continue the conversation on FlickChat app. Thanks for reading the show notes!

Check out this episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment