Tuesday, March 18, 2003

DIXIE CHICKS

My friend, Michael Gold, sent the following letter to a country station in Houston:

Subject: No More Dixie Chix

Thank you!!!! I got in my truck to go to the ranch to ride my horse and just caught your announcement about ya'lls suspending play of the Dixie Chicks. I had to come back inside really quick, and say: Thanks.

Ya'll are right. Ya'll have my support, for one.

The DC's are wrong to denounce President Bush, and if they are speaking badly of Texas like it sounded in your commentary, that is all the more reason to cut the DC's off the station.

I have heard rumblings that the DC's are "anti-war???"

Well, I don't like war either, but there is no compromise between a free country and a Medieval dictatorship, between evil and good, between life and death.

Reality and truth -- and the evidence of centuries of history -- point definitely and unequivocally to one conclusion: you can deal with evil, irrationality, only by force: chains, prisons, war, destruction, and sometimes, it's death. Sorry, but that's unfortunately the way the world works.

I shudder to think what the world would be like if the "anti-war" people had their way regarding Nazi Germany in the 40's -- or even Imperial Britain in the 1700s.

Me, I love this country and all it stands for: rights, freedom, self-sovereignty, reason, and human life.

Truth and Honor,

Michael Gold
--------------------

Related: Dixie Chicks axed by Clear Channel. Raise your voice - because it works! (Speak Out!)

UPDATE 03/21/03: Here is another reason for not listening to Dixie Chicks. The country girls are PETA supporters. [Via InstaPundit.] The Fur Commission USA issued a press release in 2001: Whistling Dixie - Chicks Will Not Strip for PeTA.

No comments:

Post a Comment