Pear-Cashew Nut Salsa
- 2 pears, diced.
- 5 green onions, sliced.
- Juice of 1/2 lemon.
- 1 red paprika (bell pepper), roasted, peeled, seeded, and diced.
- 1 Hungarian wax chile pepper, finely chopped.
- 2 stalks celery, diced.
- 1 3/4 ounces cashew nuts, chopped.
Mix the ingredients and let it sit for about 15 minutes. Serve with tortilla chips or cheeses.
It has turned red!
For another salsa recipe, go to my post, MIDSUMMER RECIPES.
I got inspired by the comments by three of my readers, so I took one of the Cheyenne chile pepper fruits and created my own dip sauce for Buffalo wings. The ingredients are:
- Sour cream (3 dl)
- Lime & mango chutney (1 tablespoon)
- Lime & cinnamon honey (1 teaspoon)
- Lime juice (1/2 lime fruit)
- Cashew nuts, peanuts, and other spicy nuts (a handful, crushed)
- Cheyenne chile pepper (1 fruit, chopped)