Friday, April 15, 2005

MCDONALD'S HAS BEEN IN BUSINESS FOR 50 YEARS

In the news:


You are welcome to tell me about your first hamburger meal at McDonald's.

Here is an excerpt from the article, McDonald's Hamburger Hell.

The second top executive Cantalupo has recruited is a bona fide outsider--at least by company standards. Lederhausen holds an MBA from the Stockholm School of Economics and worked with Boston Consulting Group Inc. for two years. However, he jokes that he grew up in a french-fry vat because his father introduced McDonald's to Sweden in 1973. Lederhausen is in charge of growth and menu development. (Business Week, 03/03/03.)


It was a huge resistance in Sweden against the American "imperialism" at first, but now the fast food chain is accepted by most people, except for hard-core leftists and "animal rights" activists.

Related: My post, PETA DAY: BIG TASTY MEATY BURGER.


PETA DAY: BIG TASTY MEATY BURGER
Originally uploaded by Lyceum.


UPDATE 04/16/05:
Thanks to Eric Lester for sharing his memories. For more food for thought, read Michele Catalano's post, I'm Loving It.

So I was going to have a contest, like I did for the Twinkies birthday, but I don't if anyone wants to write a poem about fast food.

So let's just talk about McDonald's, ok? Unless you feel like writing a poem, then have at it.

I'm loving it!

(such a slave to the jingle and fast food, I know) (ASmallVictory.net, 03/15/05.)

No comments:

Post a Comment