Mesa Grill Margarita (with a twist...)
- 4 parts white tequila (2 oz.)
- 2 parts triple sec or other orange liqueur (1 oz.)
- 2 parts lime juice (1 oz.)
- Coarse salt
- Lime wedge
Variation (Rocks Margarita):
Combine tequila, triple sec and lime juice in a cocktail shaker with ice cubes and shake well. Pour into a chilled glass and garnish with the lime wedge.
Optional: Rub a lime wedge around the rim of the glass and dip the glass rim into coarse salt.
The above recipe is from Mesa Grill Guide to Tequila: The Quintessence of the Blue Agave and the Finest Brands of Tequila, with 70 Food and Drink Recipes (Essential Connoisseur) by Laurence Kretchmer. Page 149.
We will be barbequing on Friday and Saturday. Here is a salsa recipe in time for your 4th of July party. As a "chile head," I have picked a recipe from Jonas Borssén's book, Eat the Heat (pages 50-51).
Red Onion Cilantro Salsa
- 2 red onions, thinly sliced
- 4 to 5 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime or lemon juice
- 1 small bunch of fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh jalapeño, serrano, or red Dutch chile, finely chopped
- 5 to 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl and taste. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.