Wednesday, March 9, 2005

EAT AN ANIMAL FOR PETA DAY

Mark your calendar! Meryl Yourish has announced The Third Annual International Eat an Animal for PETA Day on March 15. I will try to get a bunch of my fellow friends and carnivores to join me for a meal on March 15 and 19 at a restaurant in Gothenburg. If you are located in New York, Washington, or Miami, I recommend you to go to Anthony Bourdain's restaurant, Les Halles ("American Beef, French Style"). From my post, KNOW ONE'S ONIONS.

I am enjoying Anthony Bourdain's book, Kitchen Confidential, very much. I am now "chewing" on the Second Course [p. 55 - 101] of the book. He is very frank in his opinions. Here is a great example:

"Vegetarians, and their Hezbollah-like splinter faction, the vegans, are a persistent irritant to any chef worth a damn. To me, life without veal stock, pork fat, sausage, organ meat, demi-glace, or even stinky cheese is a life not worth living. Vegetarians are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit, an affront to all I stand for, the pure enjoyment of food." [p. 70]

Right on! Have a "bite" of this: People Eating Tasty Animals. (EGO, KNOW ONE'S ONIONS, 05/24/02.)


I hope the gathering will be as fun as last time. Here is an excerpt from my post, EAT MEAT!

This evening, six individuals gathered at an American sportsbar in Gothenburg, joining Meryl Yourish's campaign, International Eat an Animal for PETA Day. We had a jolly good time, eating tasty animals (I had a big basket of hot Buffalo wings) and discussing animal "rights". (EGO, EAT MEAT!, 03/15/03.)


I know where I would go, if I still would be in Sopron, Hungary... Papa Joe's! I had a t-bone steak (1/2 kilo!) last time I ate there.

Recommended reading: The Ayn Rand Institute's media section, Environmentalism and Animal Rights.

I have illustrated this post with a poster by Michele Catalano of A Small Victory. If you want to prepare a meat dish, read her post, Eat an Animal For Peta Day: Recipe Bleg.


[Editor's comment: If you don't know the background on Jessica Simpson's statement: "I don't eat buffalo meat," read the piece, Jessica Simpson gets an education on Chicken Of The Sea by Steve Rogers (Reality TV World). Talking about Buffalo wings, have you been at Buffalo Wild Wings Grill & Bar? I went to this restaurant a couple of times, during my time in Ohio.]

If you want to learn more about the man-hater and president of PETA, Ingrid Newkirk, read my post, EATING SHARK AT COLUMBUS RESTAURANT.

No comments:

Post a Comment