Saturday, March 12, 2005

SATURDAY SLANT, HUMAN ACHIEVEMENTS, BLOGGER BUZZ...

After the latest posts I feel a bit down, "journalistically" speaking. With all the bad news floating around, it is hard not to get pessimistic about the future. I don't want to get too bogged down with the daily crap, so I will start to write a post on a regular basis, focusing on the achievement of values and the good life. I will try to update my other blog more often than before. TIA Daily's department, Human Achievements, is a very inspirational source. Today I will write a post on uplifting music and an entry for next week's edition of the Carnival of the Capitalists, dealing with Forbes magazine's list of billionaires.

I think I will participate in a meme called Saturday Slant now and then. [Hat tip to Blogs About Hosting.] Here is the post for week 9:


The Best Decision I Ever Made Was...

What? Choosing to marry your someone special? Having a child? Making a career change? Divorcing that someone who wasn't as special as s/he used to be? Going back to school?

Of all thousands of decisions you make daily, which stands out to you today as the best decision you ever made? Tell your readers what it was, the circumstances surrounding the decision, and how it has come to present to you the best decision you ever made.


I made a very important decision as a teenager (in the 1980's) when I decided to start reading Ayn Rand's works of literature. My quest for finding an integrated system of thought and a philosophical guideline has helped me to make good decisions later on in my life. I decided to go back to school again in my late 20's and I went to America to study Business Administration at a university in New Hampshire. The college years gave me a real taste for the Land of Opportunity and I managed to land a job in Ohio after my graduation. My long-range goal is to return to America. Another important decision was when I started blogging in May 2002. On a related topic, check out the "Official Buzz from Blogger at Google" and read Biz Stone's post, Blogging and Your Career.

[Editor's note to some of my readers, fellow bloggers, and supporters: I have a backlog of email messages I have to reply to. I have been very busy during this week with my school project, board meetings, purchase & logistics activities, et cetera. I will come back to you a.s.a.p.]

No comments:

Post a Comment