- The Terri Schiavo legacy - Christian Science Monitor.
- Vatican denounces Terri Schiavo's death - Seattle Post-Intelligencer.
- Social conservatives after Terri Schiavo - The Economist.
- Circus of death - New York Post.
- Let the hysteria end in the Schiavo case - The Detroit News.
I will write another post on the Terri Schiavo case and how this political mess could end up in something positive in the long run. For the time being, read the article, A Culture of Living Death, by Yaron Brook and Alex Epstein. Here is an excerpt from the article.
The religious conservatives do not value actual human life; they are consistent followers of the Christian ideal that human life is properly lived in sacrifice to God, and that suffering is proof of virtue. The worship of suffering is fundamental to Christianity, a religion whose central figure is glorified for dying a horrific death for the sins of mankind. A prominent religious conservative commented on the Schiavo case, "Terry Schiavo . . . is suffering in obedience to God's will." He added: "Isn't suffering in pursuit of God's will the exact center of religious life?"
This is the culture of death--of living death. (CapMag.com, 03/31/05.)