Friday, March 25, 2005

THANK GOD IT IS FRIDAY...

I am usually in a grumpy mood this particular day due to the religious message.

I am glad to see that Monty Python's Spamalot is getting raving reviews and is a smashing success on Brodway.

Here is an excerpt from my post, T.G.I.F. Read the whole post for suggestions on movies to see this weekend. I am planning to watch Chocolat.

In the Swedish calendar, Good Friday is called "Long Friday." I think that the word long is more suitable than good. It's nothing good with this Friday at all. But luckily the secularization has emerged and the market forces have taken over, so nowadays you could conduct some business, eat at a restaurant, go to the movies, et cetera. I have learned that people from an older generation had a hard time to come up with something fun to do during this day. This day was totally "dead" (if you don't mind the pun) and the only thing you could do was to sit at home and wait for the next day to come. (EGO, T.G.I.F, 04/09/04.)

No comments:

Post a Comment