Thursday, July 23, 2009

NEW WINE HOUSE IN BUDA CASTLE

On my recent trip to Budapest, a new shop in the Castle of Buda caught my eyes:



Located in royal and private wine cellars from the medieval era that had been closed to the public until now, the Royal Wine House has a museum presenting, among other things, Hungary's 22 wine regions, the "Wine Orders," and the Grape Culture of Medieval Buda. You can talk to the sommelier and choose a set of wines you'd like to taste, and there is also a store where you can purchase wines.

I've already been to the nearby House of Hungarian Wines a couple of times. It looks like they've got a competitor now!

[Editor's note: Could this be one of the places Martin and I are going to visit together the next time he comes to Hungary?]

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roland,

    Thank you for your post. I am getting thirsty for wine! :D Yes, I want to visit this new wine house. I have to visit Sopron again. I got very good service at a wine shop called Soproni Vinotéka. Maybe we could combine it with a trip to Vienna? The Tea & Coffee World will take place in Vienna on April 25 - 27, 2010.

    Egészségedre!

    ReplyDelete