Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Letter to Senators and a Representative on the Health Care Bill

Scott McDonald said in an email communication:
the following [letter] was sent to my representatives urging them to vote no on the health care bill:

Senator,

The Healthcare legislation currently being considered by the Congress is an affront to the founding principles of the United States. We are a nation where individuals are to be left alone to succeed or fail on their own. The legislation before the Congress violates this principle not only by making me my brother’s keeper, but by explicitly denying me the right to be my own keeper.

-This legislation denies me the right to my own life by putting care decisions in the hands of efficiency boards.

-This legislation denies me the right to my own liberty by denying me the ability to choose my own healthcare insurance.

-This legislation denies me the right to property by extorting my taxes to pay for the care of others.

-This legislation denies me the right to pursue my own happiness, because it makes me a ward of the state.

This legislation is morally wrong. I will actively vote against, and encourage others to vote against, any of my representatives who vote for it.

Integrity,

Scott McDonald

Nice work, Mr. McDonald.

2 comments:

  1. Michael Gold, Thanks for publishing Scott McDonald's letter. I recommend you to read Debi Ghate's post, "The Forgotten Man of Socialized Medicine"–and us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the following [letter] was edited for clarity

    Senator,

    The Health care legislation currently being considered by the Congress is an affront to the founding principles of the United States.

    We are a nation where Business is to be left alone to succeed or fail on their own.

    The legislation before the Congress violates this principle, not only by making me my insurance industry's keeper, but by explicitly denying me the right to be my own keeper.

    -This legislation denies the health care industry the right to my own life by putting care decisions in the hands of insurance company boards.

    -This legislation denies the health care industry the right to my liberty by giving insurance company accountants the ability to choose my health care treatment.

    -This legislation denies Insurance companies the right to my property by extorting my taxes to pay for the care of no one.

    -This legislation gives Insurance companies the right to pursue my money and happiness, because it makes me a ward of the health care industry.

    This legislation is morally wrong. I will actively vote against, and encourage others to vote against, any of my representatives who vote for it.

    truth and integrity,

    Dufus

    ReplyDelete