- 80 g (3 slices) smoked bacon.
- 50 g (1/4 cup) lard. [Editor's comment: Could you find lard at your place?]
- 150 g (3/4 cup) onion.
- 15 g (1 tbs) paprika.
- 500 g (3 1/2 cups) veal, cut in small pieces.
- Salt and garlic.
- 140 g (1 cup) diced green pepper.
- 60 g (1 small) tomato.
- 600 g (5 cups) macaroni.
- 120 g (1 cup) grated cheese.
- Fry the bacon, add the chopped onion and fry until it is light brown.
- Add the paprika, then the meat.
- Add salt and little garlic. Add a small amount of water if needed.
- Add the green peppers and tomato cubes when the meat is almost done. Let it simmer.
- Cook the macaroni and add to the meat.
- Sprinkle cheese on the top and put the dish in the oven for a few minutes. [Editor's comment:Temperature?]
For examples on my culinary experiences in Hungary, read my posts, EATING SHARK AT COLUMBUS RESTAURANT and STRATEGIC SUPPORT BRANCH AND WINE AT PENTAGON.
By the way: I have updated last week's entry with a couple of photos of the cheyenne chile pepper poppers.