Friday, August 12, 2005

DAN SAVAGE AND ANN COULTER

Here is an excerpt from Dan Savage's post, Who's That Standing To Ann Coulter's Right?, at Andrew Sullivan's blog.

Unlike Coulter, though, I wasn't in favor of converting "them" to Christianity; replacing one idiotic fairy tale with another doesn't seem like a net gain to me. But I was--and still am--in favor of the West remaking the Middle East--AKA invading their countries and deposing their leaders. Like Ann Coulter, I felt that what we witnessed on September 11 wasn't just about Osama bin Laden, the Taliban, and Afghanistan. Islamo-fascism is a regional problem, like European fascism--and the Middle East would have to be remade just as Europe was remade. (AndrewSullivan.com, 08/12/05.)


I recommend Dan Savage to read the following:


Related: My post, THE BATTLE OF IDEAS: CHICKENHAWKS VERSUS PACIFICISTS.

No comments:

Post a Comment