Thursday, August 4, 2005

CHEYENNE CHILE PEPPER POPPERS

I want to use the first harvest of my chile pepper plants to make a variation of the traditional appetizer dish called jalapeño poppers. The cheyenne chile pepper fruits will turn into orange later on, but I want to test some of them in the green color stage.



You could find the recipe (Jalapeno Poppers I) at Allrecipes.com.

CHEYNNE CHILE PEPPER POPPERS

Ingredients:

  • 8 ounce cream cheese. (Metric: 224 g.)
  • 8 ounce shredded sharp Cheddar cheese. (Metric 224 g.) [Editor's comment: I wouldn't use the so called American cheese bland cheddar.]
  • 1/4 cup mayonnaise. (Metric: 60 ml.) [Editor's comment: I guess you could use yoghurt as a substitute.]
  • 15 jalapeño peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded. [Editor's comment: I will use cheyenne chile peppers.]
  • 2 eggs, beaten.
  • 1/2 tablespoon milk. (Metric: 10 ml.)
  • 1 1/2 cups crushed corn flake cereal. (Metric: 140 g.)


[Editor's addition to the directions described in the recipe: If you want to heat it up a bit, add a splash of your favorite hot sauce during step 2.]

UPDATE 08/05/05:

Look! The cheyenne chile pepper fruit is starting to shift from green to yellow.

CHILE PEPPER

UDPATE 08/11/05:

I tested the recipe yesterday. It was a good kick to it. I wonder how the chile peppers will taste in the orange color stage...

CHEYENNE CHILE PEPPER

CHEYENNE CHILE PEPPER POPPERS

No comments:

Post a Comment