Thursday, September 10, 2009

NEW FEATURES ON EGO BLOG

My social Network on Flickr, Facebook, Twitter...Image by luc legay via Flickr

I have added a couple of new features in order to "kick it up a notch" and to align the two right columns a bit. I look forward to your comments and feedback. I have seen that the Firefox browser doesn't always load all the elements of the template in the correct way. I don't use Internet Explorer so much at the moment, but it seems to work fine. The Chrome browser doesn't have all the bells and whistles, so I don't count on getting all the stuff displayed in the right way. I haven't tested how it looks in Opera. As I said before, if you want a simple and basic version of the content, please subscribe to EGO RSS feed (posts and comments) or read the blog on your mobile phone.

Spread The Good Word! - I have added a badge by Uprinting.com. Look out for giveaways, discounts on business card, brochures, posters and other printing material.

About - See my vCard powered by Card.ly for contact details.

Amazon - I have added a favorite section on Amazon. I am thinking of recommending books, videos and other stuff on a regular basis. If you are interested in my suggestions and want to support my blogging, please consider to check out my recommendations on Amazon. Please feel free to give me tips on books and other things that belong to the good life category.

Featured Video - The new video is titled, Why Businessmen Love Atlas Shrugged.

Video Bar - Four videos by The Ayn Rand Center for Individual Rights.

TwitPic - My photos.

Search EGO - Use Google search engine on EGO blog. Find stuff on "This Blog", "Linked From Here", "SUPPORT EGO! SHOP @:", "My Blog List", "Blogroll", "Top Tabs" and "From the archives". The search results will appear on the top of the page.

Labels - Same thing as Categories. This section is listed as a "cloud". For example, "template" is placed on the list according to how many times (47) I have tagged a blog post with the "template" label.

What Do You Read? - A new poll. I want to get a sense of what you like to read during the week. You are welcome to come up with new daily items. I am thinking of starting with the "book of the moment" series again.

  • Monday: Open thread post.
  • Tuesday: Tuesday Tech.
  • Wednesday: Midweek wrap blogrolling.
  • Thursday: Venting with Thor’s hammer.
  • Friday: T.G.I.F. good life post.
  • Saturday: Carnival blogging.
  • Sunday: Future podcasts. Workflow review.

I want to keep a weekly schedule of some sort in order to have a rough guideline and structure for my blogging.

Support EGO By: - I am conducting this poll one more time.

  • Checking out ads?
  • Placing your ads?
  • Sending donations?
  • Sponsorship?
  • Shopping @ EGO stores?

More about donations and how you could support my blogging in my next post.

Wibiya toolbar - I have added an interactive toolbar at the bottom of the page. You could search the site, translate the page, read a random blog post, share a post in different ways (Delicious, Stumbleupon, Digg, etc.), connect with Facebook and become a member of EGO community. [Editor's note: I had to remove ShareThis due to layout problems in the post. Maybe I will add it later on again. I will create an EGO fan page on Facebook at some point in time. I have a network on Facebook called NetworkedBlogs.] You could also join the conversation and jump on the Twitter dashboard.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment