Monday, February 2, 2009

PAJAMAS MEDIA AND BLOGADS

I have had Pajamas Media ads on my blog for a long time, but I took it down after I updated my template. At one point I earned some money but later on my blog didn't made the cut according to the new traffic requirements. My blog is belonging to the long tail of the blogosphere, as described in Justin Gardner's post, More On Pajamas Media Business Model:

Now, according to PJM’s own list of network bloggers, there are only 60 sites in the network. And probably only 20% of them hit that 1,000,000 impressions per quarter. Basically, a good rule of thumb is that you usually get 80% of your traffic from 20% of your posts/site/etc., so let’s just apply that reasoning here to PJM’s stated 29,000,000 cumulative impressions a month. (Donklephant, 02/02/09.)


Here are some other posts on the situation:


During the whole time, I kept my BlogAds space. Most of the PJ network bloggers signed exclusively up for ads served via Pajamas Media ad network, but according to the deal, you could keep your other advertising sources at a certain level, if you wanted. Here is my pitch on BlogAds:

Join the Second Renaissance! Reach international readers who are rational individuals and defenders of the Western world.


No comments:

Post a Comment