Sunday, September 24, 2006

HOT AND SPICY CHAI TEA DRINK

I got an email from Shawn Zehnder Lea of Everything and Nothing regarding the Carnival of the Recipes:

Next week's Carnival theme will be Harvest, with your host Pumpkin Spice (aka Bernadette at Booklore): http://booklore.blog-city.com. Please send in all of your recipes for the fall season, including jams and jellies (or things that use them), soups, stews and cranberry stuff. If anyone wants to make some pumpkin bread, Peggy has a hankering for a slice. And with cooler weather, hot drinks are always a good idea. Just think chai...


I am thinking of creating a hot and spicy chai tea drink. Here is one of the ingredients:

PAPRIKA AND CHILE PEPPER

UPDATE 09/30/06:

I will add this hot chile pepper fruit in the chai tea and test if you could drink it. The fruit has dried and I will crush it in Jamie Oliver's Flavour Shaker and then mix it together with the tea. I will post pictures later on.

CHILE PEPPER

UPDATE 10/01/06:

From Booklore's post, Carnival of the Recipes Harvest!

Why not celebrate autumn with a warm drink? The Egoist has an idea to spice up your chai. Let us know how that turns out, because as a mild aficionado myself, I won't be trying it. (booklore.blog-city.com, 10/01/06.)


The chai tea had a sting to it and I felt a burning sensation in my throat...

CHILE PEPPER CHAI TEA
The heat is on!

CHILE PEPPER CHAI TEA
Crushed chile pepper fruit, using Jamie Oliver's Flavour Shaker.

CHILE PEPPER CHAI TEA
Let the tea brew for about five minutes.

CHILE PEPPER CHAI TEA
Time to drink!

CHILE PEPPER CHAI TEA
Chile pepper chai tea with salty crackers.

No comments:

Post a Comment