Monday, December 15, 2008

VISIT TO THE BIG APPLE NYC IN 2009

I am planning to visit The Big Apple, New York City, in 2009. I have accepted a challenge and I will eat a hot & spicy curry dish called Phaal at Brick Lane Curry House restaurant (306-308, East 6th Street, New York, NY 10003). As a chile head, I am looking forward to maximize the heat level, but I don't think I will order a hot and spicy chai tea drink together with the food. I will drink lassi instead. I will prepare myself a bit by sprinkle hot sauces on my food as much and often as I can. Recently I poured some drops of Mad Dog's revenge habanero and chile extract at my carne casada bontaña no bean chili at Texas Longhorn restaurant in Gothenburg, Sweden. The sauce extract has a level of 1,000,000 scoville units. It got too hot for me, so the waitress took and switched the plate and gave me some fresh nacho chips with a new side dish.

Please give me suggestions on what I should see and do in NYC. I am not sure that I am capable of visiting the location of the former World Trade Center. Have you been at the Ground Zero Museum Workshop?



Un Memoriam

UPDATE: [Editor's note: P.S. Now you understand why I have added a Moleskine City Notebook New York to my wish list...]

5 comments:

  1. You should try hitting a Mario Batali restaurant

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best view of the city is from the Top of the Rock at Rockefeller Center. Yes, it's a bit touristy, but totally worth it, especially at sunset.

    There are tons of restaurants here I'd recommend. It really just depends on what you feel like eating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked your hot and spicy chai recipe! If you want to visit tea places in NYC, you should check out my site, VeeTea.com. I have a hot and spicy chai recipe there, along with lots of mentions of my favorite spots for tea in NYC. Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:45 PM

    Martin,

    It's been too long since my trip to NYC too give you any advice on what to see... but take some good shoes!

    And looking forward to the pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should check out http://livingfreeinthenyc.blogspot for free things to do while you are there. You can also email BRGuest@CBSNews.com to get free vip passes for a free tour of the CBS Studio.

    ReplyDelete