Monday, December 15, 2008

VISIT TO THE BIG APPLE NYC IN 2009

I am planning to visit The Big Apple, New York City, in 2009. I have accepted a challenge and I will eat a hot & spicy curry dish called Phaal at Brick Lane Curry House restaurant (306-308, East 6th Street, New York, NY 10003). As a chile head, I am looking forward to maximize the heat level, but I don't think I will order a hot and spicy chai tea drink together with the food. I will drink lassi instead. I will prepare myself a bit by sprinkle hot sauces on my food as much and often as I can. Recently I poured some drops of Mad Dog's revenge habanero and chile extract at my carne casada bontaña no bean chili at Texas Longhorn restaurant in Gothenburg, Sweden. The sauce extract has a level of 1,000,000 scoville units. It got too hot for me, so the waitress took and switched the plate and gave me some fresh nacho chips with a new side dish.

Please give me suggestions on what I should see and do in NYC. I am not sure that I am capable of visiting the location of the former World Trade Center. Have you been at the Ground Zero Museum Workshop?



Un Memoriam

UPDATE: [Editor's note: P.S. Now you understand why I have added a Moleskine City Notebook New York to my wish list...]