Friday, April 2, 2010

T.G.I.L.F

From my post, T.G.I.F:

In the Swedish calendar, Good Friday is called "Long Friday." I think that the word long is more suitable than good. It's nothing good with this Friday at all. But luckily the secularization has emerged and the market forces have taken over, so nowadays you could conduct some business, eat at a restaurant, go to the movies, et cetera. I have learned that people from an older generation had a hard time to come up with something fun to do during this day. This day was totally "dead" (if you don't mind the pun) and the only thing you could do was to sit at home and wait for the next day to come. (EGO, 04/09/04.)

TGILF
Morris is taking a nap and I am watching Lasse Hallstrom's movie, Chocolat.

Check out Friday Ark #289 at The Modulator.

6 comments:

  1. I want to scratch under Morris' chin. I had two male cats for 15 years, and they were great pets.

    Chocolat is an excellent film with a great cast. I think the advertisements for the movie in America (maybe everywhere) were also misleading, and put too much emphasis on the movie stars and sex, which is not what the movie is about.

    As you said, it's about persevering and achieving your values. I like to think it's also about the life-giving nature of happiness, and the destructive nature of bigotry and self-denial. Nice film. Perfect Objectivist movie for Lent :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. mtnrunner2: Thank you very much for your comment! :)

    I watched the movie with featured commentary by Lasse Hallstrom & company.

    Talking about happiness, have you seen the movie, The Pursuit of Happyness?

    ReplyDelete
  3. >have you seen the movie, The Pursuit of Happyness?

    Also a great, very positive movie. In addition to being a story about not giving up and remaining positive, it's also about recognizing value in other people. After all, someone had to hire him. Will Smith was excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. mtnrunner2: Thanks again for your comments!

    Talking about movies, have you listened to my interview with Scott Holleran on movies & culture?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will check it out. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great! I look forward to hear your feedback on my interview with Scott Holleran.

    ReplyDelete