Wednesday, March 10, 2010

SMARTPHONE APPLICATIONS

I got an used BlackBerry Curve 8310 Smartphone some months ago, as a backup for my old Qtech 9100 (HTC) smartphone. I agree with Brian Tong that the BlackBerry phone is "über comfortable" to hold in your hand and I like the keyboard. But I must say that the learning curve is a bit steep for my taste, so I haven't really used it to its full potential. I will use it for my regular phone calls, SMS and as an alarm clock.

Fast forward sometime and here comes the iPhone 3G by Apple! I saw a special campaign at Telenor (link to Telenor Trainee Blog) in Gothenburg and went to the store and talked to a service minded salesperson. The phone contract is for two years and I get unlimited mobile surf for circa $28 per month. I think that I will use the iPhone more as a productivity and communication tool, than a regular mobile phone.

I wonder what will happen when the iPad is entering the market. Will it become the new entertainment gadget?


I have added the following applications ("apps") on my iPhone:


  • Gowalla - "The easiest way to share places you go with your friends."

  • Evernote - "Welcome to your notable world."








  • Wikiamo - "Wikiamo is an intuitive, Safari-like Wikipedia viewer for your iPhone and iPod Touch."







"How I use my smartphone" by Eva Wieselgren.

Martin Lindeskog is taking a picture with his iPhone 3G.

Related:  The Power of iPhone by Barney Austen.

No comments:

Post a Comment