Fast forward sometime and here comes the iPhone 3G by Apple! I saw a special campaign at Telenor (link to Telenor Trainee Blog) in Gothenburg and went to the store and talked to a service minded salesperson. The phone contract is for two years and I get unlimited mobile surf for circa $28 per month. I think that I will use the iPhone more as a productivity and communication tool, than a regular mobile phone.
I wonder what will happen when the iPad is entering the market. Will it become the new entertainment gadget?
I have added the following applications ("apps") on my iPhone:
- Travel planner for public transportation (Västtrafik).
- Gowalla - "The easiest way to share places you go with your friends."
- Evernote - "Welcome to your notable world."
- PicPosterous - The Posterous iPhone app is out! PicPosterous takes away all the pain from sharing photo sets and video online.
- Yr.no - Online weather service from Norway.
- Wikiamo - "Wikiamo is an intuitive, Safari-like Wikipedia viewer for your iPhone and iPod Touch."
"How I use my smartphone" by Eva Wieselgren.
Related: The Power of iPhone by Barney Austen.