Saturday, June 7, 2008

IS TURKEY A SCRAMBLED EGG

I am trying to catch up with Powell History course, Islamist Entanglement. The lesson I learned from the third lecture, The Emergence of Post-Kemalist Turkey, is that I have to re-evaluate the opportunities in modern day Turkey. I hope that Turkey will go in the right direction and establish a true secular state, but with a future EU membership an Islamist government could be established through democratic elections. It is important that Turkey moves out of its plateau and continue with the reorganization (Tanzimat) of the structure of the country, implement more reforms and protect the Noble Rescript of the Rose Chamber. Read Scott Powell's post, Kemalism and the Future of the Middle East, for an intriguing look on what could follow in "Ataturk's" footsteps.

I am looking into the possibility in marketing the opportunity to invest in real estate in a booming area called Alanya. I read a part of Turkey - A Modern History by Erik J. Zürcher during my studies in project management.

Related: My post, SECULARISM IN TURKEY.

No comments:

Post a Comment