This time the theme is Appetizers. And I MEAN it. I want all your best. tastiest, easiest, make ahead-iest appetizers. (Blogoram.com, 12/01/05.)
Rezah at Café 3 Small Rooms in Gothenburg city has come up with this recipe.
REZAH'S SPECIAL DIP
- 1 aubergine (dark eggplant).
- Olive oil.
- 2 cloves of garlic.
- 1 yellow onion.
- Turmeric powder.
- 1 teaspoon of fresh basil.
- Several tablespoons of Turkish yogurt.
- 1 capsicum fruit.
- Peanuts or walnuts.
- Salt and pepper.
- Hot sauce
- Peel the aubergine, cut it in pieces.
- Chop the garlic and onion.
- Fry in oil together with turmeric, until soft.
- Let it cool.
- Take a fork and mash it.
- Add yogurt until it has a firm consistency.
- Add crushed peanuts or walnuts.
- Add chopped chile pepper.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Add a dash of your favorite hot sauce.
Serve together with corn chips or other kind of crisps and real beer.