Saturday, November 12, 2005

PATRIOTIC PORK CHOPS

As a former Yankee and resident of the Live free or die state, New Hampshire, I thought it would be perfect with a recipe with Samuel Adams beer.

This "pork buster" recipe is taken from Kim Knox Beckius's page, "New England for Visitors" at About.com.

Patriot Pork Chops Recipe from Kim's New England Kitchen. (Click the link for the instructions.)

  • 4-8 boneless pork chops, about 1 inch thick.
  • 1/3 cup ketchup.
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar packed firmly.
  • 1 bottle Samuel Adams Boston Lager.
  • salt & pepper.

[Editor's note: I would probably add some spicy things to the recipe...]

I will see if I could find Samuel Adams Imperial Pilsner 2005 Harvest at the beer place this evening.

To end the post in a truly patriotic way, I have included an excerpt from my post, INDEPENDENCE DAY.

Pictures from the sportsbar. The waiter asked if we were Americans when he saw the historic flags (Continental flag, Gadsden flag, 1st Stars and Stripes (Betsy Ross), Bennington, and Star Spangled Banner with 15 stars).

Independence Day on the Fourth of July
(EGO, 07/04/05.)


Recommended reading: My post, PRESIDENTS' DAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment