From Becky McCray's tweet:
Thank you @Lyceum for a thoughtful interview about small towns, tourism, and even blogs at http://tobtr.com/s/1207119
Timeline with show notes:
(~01:00) [Editor's note: Sorry for the slow start of the program. I had technical difficulties.]
(~03:00) Bio. introduction. "Many strings on the instrument."
(~05:00) Allen's Retail Liquor Store, Alva, Oklahoma.
(~07:00) Tourism Currents.
(~08:00) Tourism track with Sheila Scarborough at BlogWorld.
(~10:00) Jeff Pulver’s 140 Characters Conference (#140conf) in Hutchinson, Kansas.
(~16:00) Strawberry festival in Troy, Ohio.
(~20:00) Kansas Sampler Foundation.
(~24:00) Trader Principle. [Editor's note: Additional reading: Sense of Life and Benevolent Universe Premise.]
(~28:00) Listener "Dan" is calling in and asking a questions about Wordpress as a web site platform. Joomla is mentioned too.
(~30:00) Becky is mentioning Chris Brogan's post, Buy a Car Off the Internet?
(~35:00) Becky is mentioning Shashi Bellamkonda of Network Solutions.
(~36:00) "Dan" is mentioning Just Host and Top Ten Reviews.
(~37:00) I mention Wordpress, Posterous, Tumblr and Squarespace [Editor's note: Click the affiliate links, if you want to support my blogging. I have built Ego Sole Trader and GOT Tea Party with Squarespace.]
(~38:00) Source of inspiration. [Editor's note: Click the Amazon affiliate links, if you want to support my blogging.] Favorite books:
- Life 2.0: How People Across America Are Transforming Their Lives by Finding the Where of Their Happiness by Rich Karlgaard.
- Hollowing Out the Middle: The Rural Brain Drain and What It Means for America by Patrick Carr and Maria Kefalas.
- Making a Living Without a Job, revised edition: Winning Ways for Creating Work That You Love by Barbara J. Winter.
(~42:00) New upcoming book together with Barry Moltz.
(~46:00) Mom's original margarita recipe and Persian Lime Martini.
Other people to interview:
(~49:00) Becky McCray's presence on the Internet:
- Tourism Currents - social media learning for tourism.
- Small Biz Survival - small town small business resource.
- Becky McCray and Associates - grant writing and special projects.
- Becky's speaking engagements.
- Becky's personal blog, Out Standing in My Field.
(~50:00) The distance (7712 km) between Alva, Oklahoma, USA and Gothenburg, Sweden.
(~54:00) Thanks to today's technology, the industrial revolution, and a free society.
Becky is mentioning Hugh MacLeod's posts, the global microbrand rant, history of english cut, and smarter wine, cont’d…
(~55:00) Becky is presenting a give-away of the printed booklet, 20 Small Business Ideas for Small Towns. [Editor's note: Stay tuned for instructions on how to have a chance to get a copy... Please show your interest by writing a comment here or on EGO fan ("like") page.]