Monday, January 5, 2009

HEROES OF CAPITALISM

I have added Heroes of Capitalism to my blog list (left column). [Hat tip to: Gus Van Horn.]

I want to add Victor Borge as a hero of show business.

In 1953, his one-man show, Comedy in Music began a run of 849 performances, the Broadway record for a solo show. Borge became the highest-paid television entertainer of his day. For two shows in America in 1956 - he limited himself to two a year - he was paid £100,000. (Telegraph.co.uk, August 23, 2001.)


I want to visit the exhibition, Victor Borge: A Centennial Celebration at Scandinavia House in New York City.

Who would you pick as a hero of capitalism?

Related: My post, THE PHILOSOPHY OF PUNCTUATION.

1 comment:

  1. Victor was one of my favorite comedians. He was one of the kings of clean comedy in the days when almost all comedy was clean.

    ReplyDelete