Friday, December 6, 2002

DEMONSTRATIONS IN IRAN

Time is up for the ayatollahs in Iran. I hope that the "Student Movement Coordination Committee for Democracy in Iran" will have successful demonstrations. [Via InstaPundit.] Here is one of SMCCDI's slogans: "Long Live Freedom! Established be Secularism!" I could only say "Amen" to that! Freedom fighters in Iran: More power to you!

This evening I had an interesting discussion at a pizzeria in my neighborhood. The owner is from Iran. He fled the country more than 20 years ago. He believes that Reza Pahlavi will be a good leader for Iran, sometime in the future. Read the article, Son of late shah sees 'golden opportunity' for change in Iran. [Via Davood Jafarzade Fard.]

And yes, the pizza tasted great! I must have had a much more more pleasant experience than James Lileks.

No comments:

Post a Comment